ESG for investment and finance management
This series of online learning modules provides you with the essential ESG know-how in order to advise your clients on ESG topics. You obtain extensive insights on different approaches to integrate ESG into financial products, specifically in investment and credit management.
ESG e-learning and e-testing
The ESG online library comprises of six modules.
- The first module provides an overview of the ESG philosophy and explains the drivers and challenges of ESG investing. It helps the learners to obtain a general understanding on the reasons why ESG has become so critical.
- Module 2 takes a deep dive into the various ESG investing strategies and shows their applicability in practice.
- Module 3 explains the key components of ESG loan and credit business in detail, including rating and pricing of ESG risks.
- The fourth module gives an overview of international and Swiss regulations, including the ESG guidelines of SwissBanking, FINMA and relevant EU regulations.
- With module 5, you deepen your understanding of ESG indicators and ratings and the relevant data requirements in order to come up with a solid analysis.
- With the final module 6, you gain an understanding of the ESG concepts of stewardship and engagement and understand how it is put in place in various scenarios.
The modules build on each other and allow bank personnel to get a first-hand expertise right from the beginner’s level. They contain a variety of interactions, including illustrations, graphs, videos, and links to other relevant sources.
In addition, you can continuously check learning progress by conducting tests.
You obtain a profound and deep understanding on how trends in ESG influence the world of banking and financial services products and change the behaviors of everyone in business.
You will understand how private and corporate clients should be advised, when it comes to investing funds and financing with an ESG perspective.
You get an understanding of the different ESG concepts and data applied in asset management, including investment strategies and shareholder engagement, as well as financing.
You meet the current regulatory requirements (e.g. FINMA and self-regulation of SwissBanking).
Target audience and accreditation
Client advisors in banking, asset management, credit management and other financial services; financial specialists and middle and back office employees.
The online modules are accredited by the Swiss Association of Quality (SAQ) as recertification measures.
For more information download our flyer:
Fintelligence: ESG modules for investment and finance management
The Fintelligence ESG e-learning modules for investment and finance management include the following modules
Modul 1: Introduction and background
- Roots and prerequisites for ESG investments
- Characteristics of ESG
- Regulation initiatives in the EU and Switzerland
- Drivers and challenges of ESG-compliant investing
Modul 2: ESG investments
- ESG integration in the investment process
- ESG investment approaches
- ESG investment in different asset classes
Modul 3: Lending
- ESG integration in the credit process
- ESG considerations in mortgage lending
- ESG integration in project financing
Modul 4: Regulations and guidelines
- Product and service classification
- ESG integration in client advisory processes
- SwissBanking ESG guidelines
- Finma guidance on greenwashing
Modul 5: Analysis and data
- ESG indicators and ratings
- Data sources, quality and issues in ESG
Modul 6: Stewardship and Engagement
- Purpose, targets and characteristics of stewardship and engagement
- Application of engagement strategies in various asset classes
- Key success factors of engagement